Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

¡Que calor!

I know people are just trying to be friendly but I really hate it when total strangers comment to me on how hot it is. Yes, it’s summer; it’s fucking supposed to be hot. I just rode a bike for 14 kilometers; do you think I’m somehow not aware of the temperature? I just tell people that I LOVE the heat. Love it. Talking about the weather is just too much of a maruja* thing for me so don’t even try it. Other things I don’t want to talk about: what you saw last night on “So You Think You Can Dance” (or whatever the fuck is the Spanish equivalent), how much your back/leg/kidney/neck hurts, and certainly nothing relating to your imbecilic political views. If this doesn’t leave you anything to talk about then just shut your cake hole while you wait in line at the grocery store.

If I sound a little testy it's because I'm all sweaty and sticky.

*Slang for “little old lady” from the common first name “Maruja” which is like Maude or Hazel in English, names long out of fashion.

2 comments:

  1. Damn, it's hot. Do I know you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if someone followed up "¡Que calor!" with "Let's go get a drink" then we'd be on our way to a conversation.

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say something nice, say it here.