Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Monday, August 04, 2014

The Sad Truth about Making Fried Calamari



A kilo of small squid seemed like a lot until I spent at least an hour of the little time I have remaining on this planet cleaning it and realized that what I had were about three big mouthfuls, at least my mouthfuls.


P.S. I just realized that my frequency in making squid at home coincides exactly with the time it takes me to forget what a huge pain in the ass it is to clean these little critters.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good video idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said, that ship has already sailed so I'll have to wait until I forget and think making this is a good idea.

      Delete
  2. What you need to do is create a video series of "Foods that really aren't worth making at home". First dish: calamares with artichokes. If you get through recording it without going batshit crazy.

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say something nice, say it here.