Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Potato Salad With Garlic & Chile Mayonnaise

I may have said this before but I will never buy mayonnaise again. It's too easy to make and the made-at-home variety is amazingly good. I used two cloves of garlic, a small chili pepper, about 3/4 cup of sunflower seed oil, 1/4 olive oil, two eggs, and a dash of salt. Zip this with a hand blender for about 10 seconds and that's it. I chopped the potatoes into cubes before I boiled them. I marinated some diced onions in vinegar to mellow them a bit. I also added some roasted red pepper that I made yesterday because my verdurerĂ­a had a sale on them. This picture doesn't do the dish justice; lots of great food doesn't photograph well and lots food that looks great in pictures probably tastes like shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, say it here.