Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

The Winter that Wasn't



For all of the mouth-breathers who point to the recent cold spell along America’s east coast as proof that global climate change is some vast hoax I invite you to take a look at the weather here in Valencia this month of January. Of course, only children confuse weather for climate and a few days of cold or heat do not point to anything in particular. My observation that we haven’t had anything approaching winter temperatures here in this corner of Spain is simply anecdotal. I rely on climate scientists to study the phenomena of weather more thoroughly and I put my trust in what the vast majority of them are saying about the dangers of doing nothing about man’s effect on the global climate.

On a recent American political discussion show one guest—a Republican strategist—was completely flummoxed when the subject of climate change was introduced. This person who is obviously educated couldn’t possibly believe the load of shit Republicans are serving up on this subject, mostly that global climate change is a hoax perpetuated by the all-powerful university scientific lobby. The way Republicans cling to their ridiculous views on the subject reminds me of kamikaze pilots flying into enemy vessels without a moment’s hesitation to sacrifice all for their beliefs.  

3 comments:

  1. The clue is in the word 'global'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how many people without a clue are leading my country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My liberal American friends complain about the climate, yet many do nothing about it. Save energy? Save water? Drive less? Recycle Trash? Multiple homes, lawns, cars? That's the norm for many of them. I have one small house, 1 hybrid car, 3 bikes, a xeric lawn, a garden, LED lights, a tankless water heater, recycle and compost bins, and I am some sort of hippie to them. No doubt conservatives are clueless, but many American liberals are useless.

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say something nice, say it here.