Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Canon of American Food (continued)


4) Chili

Against my better judgment I suppose that I absolutely must put chili on my list of American food. At least it gives me another reason to post this great picture from The Simpsons that I painstakingly lifted from their chili cook-off episode. I can’t say that I’m a big fan of the stuff which is a bit ironic since I Iove beans and anything spicy. I don’t dislike chili, it’s just something I could easily live without. I have only made it a couple of times and I’ve never felt compelled to master this dish. To me chili is about as interesting as a peanut butter sandwich. I’ll leave its praise, intricacies, and higher qualities for the aficionados.