Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2003

A Few Randon Thoughts

I usually make essay-type entries here at leftbanker but today I just want to throw out a few random thoughts and observations.

No, I am NOT going to see the new Hulk movie or the newest Matrix (I’m sure it has some super-clever sequel name). Yes, I am too much of an intellectual snob to waste my time and money on this sort of corporate-generated bullshit. When are people going to realize that Hollywood is not even interested in making good movies? They don’t need to with the marketing juggernaut that precedes the release of every new blockbuster crapfest. They are out to make money and they don’t have to have a quality product to do it. Just look at McDonald’s. They have the worst food on the planet but they package it well.

I don’t have time to watch crappy movies because I read and reading takes up lots of time. What I am reading right now is The Lean Years: A History of the American Worker 1920-1933 by Irving Bernstein. I like books on labor because I actually care about the plight of the worker and I feel that people who don’t care about the worker don’t care about the worker. Does that make sense? It does to me but then again I’m a pretentious turd who wears a Che Guevarra T-shirt to Starbucks. I know, the irony almost kills me, too: An elitist fuck who spews off about the workers.

I have just recently altered my fitness regimen from calisthenics to weight lifting. I haven’t lifted weights in over a year and a half. I have been doing push-ups and pull-ups for upper body strength. I could do 23 pull-ups in one set on a good day and maybe 75 push-ups. My left elbow is about ready to fall off because an old jiu-jitsu injury flared up so I had to change my routine. I couldn’t believe how weak I was when I first started with weights but I am quickly building up my strength. I know this crap is thoroughly boring but I just wanted to get it down in writing when I changed up my fitness program. I am primarily a biker anyway.

After reprinting that piece yesterday on playing the piano ( I had originally written it months ago) I actually sat down and played the piano yesterday. It felt good and I may do it again today. What a novel concept for these past few months: Semi-regular practice. Who am I kidding anyway? I’m no Liberace even though I have a couple of really crazy silk shirts in my closet I found at Value Village.

Speaking of Value Village; Value Village fucking rules (Pardon the skateboarder speak but it seems overwhelmingly appropriate). I have bought so much baseball gear I am ready to go to Cuba at any time and be a baseball gear Robin Hood. I want to be made honorary coach of a Cuban baseball team (At least for a couple of late innings when they have a big lead).

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, say it here.