Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

How Thinking about Cuttlefish Turned into 5 Liters of Tomato Sauce

I have been thinking about making sepia a la plancha for a while now. I was trying to pair it with some sort of pasta and I decided on spaghetti putanesca. Putanesca sauce calls for a couple of cups of tomato sauce. I don’t have any of my tomato sauce left from the last batch I made and subsequently froze in small containers (but I did find some tortilla soup while rooting in the freezer). The idea of using a canned tomato sauce for the dish just didn’t sit well with me so I just finished making another batch of tomato sauce.

The recipe for sepia couldn't be easier:

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, say it here.