Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Monday, May 06, 2002

Sexiest Sex-filled Sexfest

I’m out to attract new readers and I don’t care how low I have to go to do it. I realize that most of the perverts that will find this page through a google search for SEX will quickly lose their erections and move on. But what if I told you that later in this entry I will post a link to a secret video of Britney jumping on a trampoline wearing nothing but a hospital gown? Thanks for your undivided attention.

How anyone can watch CNN with a straight face is beyond me. Forget Seinfeld, forget I Love Lucy, CNN is absolutely the funniest thing on TV. Although most of what they report as news is fatuous and devoid of any real ‘news’ content the really funny part is how seriously the news readers take their dumb jobs. I love how they will read a story about a disastrous flood in Bangladesh and another story about a seven year old blackjack dealer with equal enthusiasm. Hell, they will read these two types of stories in the same breath. The news readers always speak as if they were telling a bedtime story or trying to explain simple dirtections to a heavily medicated person.

CNN deals mostly with sensationalist stories of the “boy trapped in refrigerator eats own foot” variety. During a 40 minute ride on the exercise bike at my gym the other day CNN ran a story about a ten year old girl who got knocked up four times. I’m no expert but how the hell is that news?

If you really want news then read. Get a decent news magazine or a good daily paper. Don’t tell me that you watch CNN because you don’t have time to read because it takes longer to watch CNN than it does to read the NY Times cover to cover. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against entertainment and that’s what TV news is all about. Just don’t kid yourself that you are informed because you watch Dan Rather every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, say it here.