Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Spoiler Alert

I was making garbanzo beans in my pressure cooker, just about ready to put the lid on, which is the point of no return. There’s no going back. Are you absolutely sure you want to put that lid on, kid? I wasn’t. All I had for vegetables were onions and a can of tomatoes. I actually had the lid in my hand when I remembered that I had bought some zucchini the day before yesterday.

For some strange reason, I had bought three zucchinis, which just seemed like one, maybe two too many. I cut up two of them and threw them in the pot, which left me with one zucchini. What the fuck was I going to do with one zucchini?

I racked my brain and I couldn’t remember one single instance in which a dish was spoiled because of an excessive amount of zucchini, not one. I threw in the third zucchini.

The real reason I wrote this essay was to practice writing the word “zucchini” that I can never manage to spell correctly. Zucchini with two Cs and only one N.

2 comments:

  1. Grill it! That’s what I’d do. Of course, being in the cuidad you may not have access to a charcoal or gas grill. So maybe a cast iron grill pan.

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say something nice, say it here.