Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Friday, October 02, 2020

Las Crónicas del Taco - The Taco Chronicles

What I knew about tacos before watching the series, Las Crónicas del Taco, would have fit inside of one little tortilla. I thought I knew a lot about Mexico and the people there, but now I feel that I know the country and Mexican much better. You are what you eat, as they say.

 I was watching the first episode one evening while I was eating a pizza I had made from scratch, a pretty darn good pizza, if I do say so myself. Looking at all of those wonderful images of tacos was making me hungry…while I was stuffing my fat face.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the food of Spain and have adopted it completely, but I really miss the food of Mexico. I can make versions of it here. I even have a tortillera, or the press for making tortillas, although I don’t make them very well. There are markets here that sell dried chiles, and we even have a stall in my neighborhood market that sells fresh jalapeños and habaneros.

Valencia is famous for its Mercado Central, but the views of Mexico City’s Mercado de la Merced is like a revelation. But what I really need is to take another trip to Mexico and really explore this world of tacos.

Or maybe I can just go to L.A. “Estamos aquí en la ciudad de Los ángeles, una de las ciudades más mexicanas del mundo.”

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, say it here.