Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Adios, Antonin Scalia

I have never killed any one, but I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction.

Turns out that Clarence Darrow said that and not Mark Twain, so thanks Clarence.  If Scalia had wanted me to be sad upon reading of his death he shouldn’t have offended me with his every decision (and dissent) on the court. Societies are judged on how they treat the most powerless among the citizenry—not exactly Scalia’s strong suit.

I haven’t fact-checked this but I’m pretty sure this is from the U.S. Constitution:

"…he shall (the president) nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint ... Judges of the Supreme Court"

Some Republicans are calling for the new SCOTUS appointment to be put off until after Obama leaves office and allow for the American people to decide. Here’s the thing, the American people decided two times who they wanted to appoint Supreme Court justices from 2009-2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, say it here.