Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Price Update


Even after all these years, I still can’t believe how inexpensive life is here in Spain. I just stopped into the supermarket below my house to pick up a few things and spent 6.62€ (perhaps $7.30). I paid without thinking, but as I put away the haul, I was astounded at how much food I got for so little:

1.    a kilo of onions 1.00
2.   two jars of white beans (400 grams per jar) 2 X .59
3.   a jar of garbanzos (400 grams) .68
4.   200 grams of bacon 1.76
5.   1 liter of orange juice. .70
6.   A bag of tortilla chips 1.20
7.   plastic bag for all of it because I forgot to bring one .10

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, say it here.