Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

New Bike in My Stable


I’ve had my eye on one of these bikes since I lived in Seattle where all of the bike messengers rode them. Seattle was way too hilly for a single-speed bike, but Valencia is as flat as a pancake and the perfect cityscape for this bike.

My old city bike broke apart from abuse over a year ago and I’ve been making due with just my mountain bike and the city bike-share system. I’ve been looking desperately but used bikes are hard to come by here, or at least at anything resembling a reasonable price. The first requirement for my new city bike was that it had to fit in my elevator, something that excluded about ninety percent of the bikes designed for city use.

This thing fits comfortably in my elevator and it is a total blast to ride. It’s so light and fast that it feels like I’m piloting a glider. I think that reason that I’ve never been interested in learning to fly a plane is that I’ve always found biking to be such a thrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, say it here.