Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

More Thoughts on Parenting from the Childless



Every morning across the street from me a really fancy bus picks up a group of kids for some private school somewhere and every morning the parents accompany them for the wait. When they board the bus you would think from all of the emotional farewells that the kids were being sent off for a modern-day Children’s Crusade or they are making Sophie's choice.  I remember that on my first day of kindergarten I wouldn’t allow my mother to walk the three blocks with me. “I got this, mom,” I told her, or something to that effect, and I walked sans chaperon to school with my best friend who would also be my classmate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, say it here.