Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

RIP JFK

Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy by Vincent Bugliosi


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
At the very beginning of this book Bugliosi is giving a lecture to a to a group of lawyers. He asks them how many think that there was some sort of conspiracy behind the JFK assassination. Most of the lawyers raise their hands. He tells them that he can change their opinion about this in less than one minute. He then asks them how many have bothered to read the Warren Commission report. Only a few people raise their hands. Case closed.



I honestly didn't have much of an opinion about the JFK assassination before reading this book, but I certainly wasn't a conspiracy theorist. Oliver Stone's movie made me laugh out loud. I probably wouldn't have bothered with this huge book had the author been anyone but Bugliosi who is such a fine writer that I would read anything he wrote. He quickly convinces me that there isn't any credence to a conspiracy in the JFK affair. LHO did it and it was an open and shut case. He also convinces me that the Warren Commission dealt with the issue in a conclusive and comprehensive manner. Bugliosi also convinces me that anyone saying anything to the contrary is a fucking nut job or a lair.



Bugliosi meticulously examines and disarms every single kooky claim by the conspiracy nuts. JFK was killed by a lone kook working alone. Period. More than 40 years after the murder it's time everyone realize that these are the undisputed facts of the case.



RIP JFK.


View all my reviews.