Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Cullera, Spain


Cullera, Spain

File under "Life doesn’t suck"


I am not quite ready to unfurl the “Mission Accomplished” banner, but I think the worst of the brief little hiccup of a winter is behind me. I don’t mean to awaken the sleeping monster of winter by gloating but holy shit is the weather ever gorgeous. The mirror in my bathroom no longer fogs up when I shower, if I place a bare foot on the parquet floor an arctic bolt is not shot into my body, and I think that my nose stopped running.

The cold had sapped my workout mojo something fierce. I realize that I can’t make up for almost two weeks of sitting on my ass and shivering, but I made a valiant effort today with a really hard four hour bike ride. It was warm enough to ride in shorts and a short sleeve jersey. My legs are the color of uncooked chicken but after today I’ll look a little less ghoulish. I need to pick up some sunscreen—I wasn’t thinking about that a week ago when I was huddled in my bed under a down comforter.

I made it to Cullera in a few minutes over an hour and a half. As you can see from the picture above, Cullera is beautiful and worth the bike ride. I farted around for a few minutes and then headed back to Valencia. I had planned on taking it a bit easier on the return trip and stop and take a few pictures. As it turned out, I only took this one photo. Once I started back I got into a groove and just hammered all the way back home. I was pretty beat by the time I got back home and could barely drag myself into the shower to wash off all of the dried salt encrusted on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, say it here.