Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2022

Fallas During Monsoon Season

I was pedaling around for the first day of Fallas and happened upon this scene a block from my house. It made me laugh that they included an ambulance in the tableau, as if to warn kids of the dangers of bulls in the street, which, if you haven’t heard or seen, is actually a thing in Spain.

There were kids dressed up as doctors and nurses standing by, and one little guy in a suit told me he was the coroner. I thought that was going a bit too far, especially when he kept saying, "Forget the ambulance; call the meat wagon."


 
Perhaps my favorite Falla ever.

 The weather is still horrible.

Antediluvian photos:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, say it here.