Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2020

The Bee Gees: How Can You Mend a Broken Heart (2020)

The Bee Gees: How Can You Mend a Broken Heart (2020)

“It’s classic 60s guitar pop sound, but then it had another thing going on. You’ve got the brothers singing, and when you’ve got brothers singing, it’s like an instrument nobody else can buy.”

 - Noel Gallagher

I mostly grew up listening to these guys as I had no choice; they were all over the radio (at a time when that’s how you ingested music, for the most part). I also admit that until just now when I looked on Wiki, I didn’t know their names. Barry is the only one alive and the one I thought was the group member most resembling Chewbacca, although that fury pop icon came well after The Bee Gees hit the scene.

I have to say that I wasn’t much of a fan of their music. This isn’t to say that I didn’t like it, I liked some of it. It’s just that their sound was so ubiquitous back in my youth that I mostly just thought of it as ambient noise, like car traffic when you live on a busy street, not that I'm comparing their music to road noise. Maybe I was a closet fan. I wasn't cool enough to openly admit that I liked these guys back in the day. I don't listen to rock these days, at least not voluntarily, not because I'm cooler now, but just because I'm sick of rock and have moved on to other genres.

Chewy Gibb, The Forgotten Bee Gee

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, say it here.