Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

The Right Tool for the Job



To make a really good tortilla it’s best to start with a really good pan. This enameled fry pan is perfect but I don’t want to give you the impression that a normal slob like yourself can make a tortilla like mine simply because you have a good fry pan. That would just be cruel on my part.

P.S. Just in case people still think that we have crappy food in the USA I present Exhibit A, a take-out pizza from Washington. I would kill for a pizza like this here in Valencia.

3 comments:

  1. The Tortilla in the picture looks perfect! Do you like to make it fresh, eggy and liquidy? Or do you prefer the firm, salty style?

    I remember reading in other entries that you were fond of the Tortilla de Patata boca. Never tried it, but will next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a tortilla de patatas con morcilla enchorizada (just because I had some of this great morcilla hanging in my kitchen). I prefer my tortilla “jugosa” or a little wet which you can only get when it has been made very recently as it will soon set. This pan is a million times better than any other non-stick skillet I have ever used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. US pizza, sigh. I could go for a red-hot NY slice right now. There is an Argentine take-out place around the corner from me that sells a fair approximation of a Sicilian square slice (http://lapizzateca.com/), but I do have to doctor it up with more sauce, cheese, garlic salt, oregano, etc.

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say something nice, say it here.