Quantcast

Important Notice

Special captions are available for the humor-impaired.

Pages

Saturday, August 09, 2014

Bous al Carrer

I just happened upon this festival today in Godella as I was cranking out some kilometers on my bike. The bulls always win in these street festivals. There was no shortage of young, shirtless Spanish boys running around in the square risking their lives for a bit of fun. Dozens of kids have died in these villaga encierros since I've lived here. No way would I ever step from behind the barriers. I just couldn't let mankind down like that because it needs me alive.

2 comments:

  1. What I don't get is how bulls are always running. Don't they ever saunter, lope, sashay or stroll? What's their goddam hurry anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't speak for the bulls but it may be the pastor behind then hitting them with a cane.

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say something nice, say it here.